Scholarships Available Exclusively for GIGA Program International Students
(Last Updated: January 17, 2019)
The Keio University Faculty of Policy Management and the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies offer three scholarships for exceptional students accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program). Apply for these scholarships the same time you apply for the GIGA Program. Applications for these scholarships will not be accepted after entrance into Keio University.
Applicants may apply for these scholarships, but only one scholarship will be awarded if selected to be a recipient.
The following eligibility requirements apply for all of three scholarships. To be considered for these scholarships, you must:
• be accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program) to enter the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2019
• be an incoming first-year student
• be a foreign national
Persons who hold any of the following Japanese residency statuses are NOT eligible to receive: Permanent Resident, Special Permanent Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident, or Long Term Resident.
• Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship !NEW!
• Mentor Mitakai Scholarship for International Students
• MASATADA KOBAYASHI Scholarship for International Students
If you decide to apply for the scholarships above, you may register from the Admission Web Entry System of Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program).
February 7, 2019 (“Application Documents to be Submitted by Postal Mail” must reach our office by this date.)
[Notification of Award]
A Notification of Award will be sent out to the students selected as scholarship recipients by email and postal mail, together with admission registration documents in early April 2019.