News » Explore the Future of Information Technology! Join in the GIGA Program Summer Camp 2012 (July 30 – August 4, 2012) for high school students
Keio University GIGA Program Summer Camp 2012
“Explore the Future of Information Technology!”
~This camp will be conducted in English.~
An opportunity for students to explore the technologies that will shape how we create and access information in the future.
Meet friends from many parts of the world in this four day camp that includes a two-day hands-on workshop instructed by university professors, campus tour, and excursion to an old capital of Japan.
This camp is organized by GIGA Program, an undergraduate program in Information Technology and policy conducted by Keio University, a leading –and the oldest– university in Japan.
7/31 Know Keio SFC (Dean’s lecture, information session, campus tour)
8/1 Future of IT workshop – Day 1 (work closely with university professors)
8/2 Future of IT workshop – Day 2 (work closely with university professors)
8/3 Know Japan (excursion to Kamakura, an old capital of Japan)
Date: Monday, July 30 – Saturday, August 4, 2012 (inclusive of arrival and departure days)
Venue: Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus (SFC)
5322 Endo, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa 252-0882 Japan
Eligibility: High School Students (Grade 10 -12 students)
Number of Participants: approximately 15
Summer Camp Participation Fee: Free
(Note that students are responsible for the cost of their own airfares, accommodation, food, and any other personal expenses occurred.)
* Information on how to pay for accommodation will be sent out by email after applications have been received.
|Example of Approximate Costs during Your Stay:|
|Accommodation for 5 Nights at a Keio SFC Designated Hotel|
|Lunch and Dinner for 4 Days (July 31 – August 3）||￥8,000|
|Bus Fare between Accommodation and SFC (July 31 – August 3）||￥1,680|
– The above costs are current approximations, and are subject to change.
– Airfares, fuel surcharges, airport taxes, transportation costs (airport-accommodation) and any other costs not related to the Summer Camp are not included, and must be borne by the participants.
– Participants must organize, book and pay for their own air tickets.
1) Complete the application form online
2) Print-out and sign the application form
3) Submit the application form either by FAX (+81-466-49-3613) or by email as a PDF attachment (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 20, 2012
– Participants are responsible for the cost of return airfares, accommodation, insurance, and all other personal expenses, unless otherwise specified.
– Reservations for accommodation at a hotel designated by SFC will be made for all participants, for the duration of the camp (i.e., July 30 check-in – August 4 check-out).
– Participants are required to complete all application procedures and all other procedures (such as booking air tickets etc.) related to participation in the Summer Camp on their own, unless otherwise specified.
– Contact the GIGA Program Summer Camp Coordinator as soon as possible if you require a visa to enter Japan.
Please contact the GIGA Program Summer Camp Coordinator by email or telephone if you have any questions or concerns.
Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus
GIGA Program Summer Camp Coordinator
Office Hours*: Mon. – Fri. 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Japan Standard Time)
* Closed Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, official University holiday (January 10) and University administration break periods.