News » Explore the Future of Information Technology! Join the GIGA Program Summer Camp 2013 (July 5–10, 2013) for High School Students
Keio University GIGA Program Summer Camp 2013
“Explore the Future of Information Technology!”
This camp will be conducted in English.
An opportunity for students to explore the technologies that will shape how we create and access information in the future. Meet and study with new friends from many parts of the world in this four-day camp that includes a two-day hands-on workshop instructed by university professors, a campus tour, and a choice of optional day trips.
This camp is organized by the GIGA Program, an undergraduate program in information technology and its related policy conducted by Keio University, a leading –and the oldest– university in Japan.
7/6 Know Keio SFC (Information session and student Tanabata summer festival)
7/7 Explore Japan (Free time, Optional tours to Yokohama or Kamakura available)
7/8 Future of IT Workshop – Day 1 (Work closely with university professors)
7/9 Future of IT Workshop – Day 2 (Work closely with university professors)
Date: Friday, July 5–Wednesday, July 10, 2013 (inclusive of arrival and departure days)
Venue: Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus (SFC)
5322 Endo, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa 252-0882 Japan
High School Students (Grade 10-12 students)
Number of Participants: approximately 20
Summer Camp Participation Fee: Free
(Note that students are responsible for the cost of their own airfares, accommodation, food, materials to be used in workshop and any other personal expenses incurred.)
*Information on how to pay for accommodation will be sent out by email after applications have been received.
– The above costs are current approximations and are subject to change.
– Airfares, fuel surcharges, airport taxes, transportation costs (between airport and hotel) and any other costs unrelated to the Summer Camp are not included, and must be borne by the participants.
– Participants must organize, book and pay for their own airline tickets.
1) Complete the application form online
2) Print out and sign the application form
3) Submit the application form by email as a PDF attachment (email@example.com)
*Due to the limited number of spaces, applicants may be screened.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 3, 2013
– Participants are responsible for the cost of their own airfares, accommodation, insurance, and all other personal expenses, unless otherwise specified.
– Reservations for accommodation at a hotel designated by SFC will be made for all participants, for the duration of the camp (i.e., July 5 check-in–July 10 check-out).
– Participants are required to complete all application procedures and all other procedures (such as booking air tickets etc.) related to participation in the Summer Camp on their own, unless otherwise specified.
– Contact the GIGA Program Summer Camp Coordinator as soon as possible if you require a visa to enter Japan.
Please contact the GIGA Program Summer Camp Coordinator by email or telephone if you have any questions or concerns.
Keio University Shonan Fujisawa Campus
GIGA Program Summer Camp Coordinator
Office Hours*: Mon.–Fri. 9:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m. (Japan Standard Time)
*Closed weekends, national holidays, official University holiday (Jan. 10), and University administration break periods.